The fans in Charlestown go crazy at the antics of the Hansons, something Dunlop can't help but notice. As the Hansons are given more ice time, the fans at the games grow in number and enthusiasm, even following the team on road trips. Soon their teammates begin to adopt the Hansons violent, high-sticking, brawling style of play, at the urging of Dunlop.
Unfortunately for the Chiefs, their violent, yet successful ways have influenced their opponents, the Syracuse Bulldogs, to round up the largest collection of thugs possible, including Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken, Gilmore Tuttle, Andre "Poodle" Lussier, Ross "Mad Dog" Madison, Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown and none other than rookie Ogie Ogilthorpe.
- "You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes by yourself, you know, and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."
- "Who own the Chiefs?" "Ooownnzzz, ooownnzzz!!"
- "Ok guys. Show us what you got."
- "Hey Hanrahan! She's a lesbian!"
- "Dave's a mess."
- "I'm listening to the f***ing song!"
- "The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them! And by golly, if I could get down there, I'd be standing up to them!"
- "puttin' on the foil!"
- "Old time hockey, like Eddie Shore, Dit Clapper and Toe Blake. Those guys were the greats!"
Plenty of video options today, but no better place to start than with the original movie trailer for Slap Shot.